Common Hand Injuries in General Practice
Optimal hand function is essential for good quality of life. Unfortunately, hand injuries are very common; causes include sporting accidents and occupational injuries. Finger and hand injuries are the most common type of work- related injury in Australia. Many hand and finger injuries are initially assessed in general practice. If not treated appropriately, some injuries can result in permanent disability, with significant resulting negative impact on quality of life. It is therefore important to understand the general principles of management for any hand injury.
- Conducts adequate and careful initial clinical assessment/investigation for hand injuries.
- Provides timely and appropriate intervention in the acute stages of hand injuries.
- Knows when to refer to a specialist in relation to hand injuries.
- Presenter(s):Mr James Thomas
Mr Peter Maloney
Mr Daniel Purtell
- Host:St Vincent's Private Hospital
- Activity ID:79946
- QI&CPD Points:3
- Provider:Lateral Connections