Dermatology For GPs: An Update On Mohs Surgery
Dermatological presentations to GPs are common, with consultations for dermatitis/allergy occurring with 1.6 patients per 100. Almost as frequent are consultations for malignant neoplasm of skin (1.3/100 patients) and solar keratosis (1.2/100 patients), with the general practitioner’s initial diagnosis and management playing a critical role to the patient’s dermatological outcome.
This activity aims to provide GPs with an update on the appropriate use and benefits of Mohs micrographic surgery (MMS) across numerous carcinoma scenarios.
- Identify the appropriate role of Mohs micrographic surgery in treating skin cancers
- Describe the Mohs surgery procedure
- List the types of skin cancers that may be considered for Mohs surgery
- Presenter(s):Kevin McKerrow
- Host:Skin Specialist Centre
- Duration:33.33 min
- Activity ID:The activity is accredited for RNZCGP members
- QI&CPD Points:0.5