Diet, Obesity, Inflammation And The Gut Microbiome
This GP Lecture is designed to update GPs on the scientific foundations for the latest cancer prevention guidelines and the emerging link of the role of diet and the microbiome has especially in the management of chemotherapy and immune based therapies.
- Discuss the scientific foundations for the latest cancer prevention guidelines and the modifiable risk factors for cancer and other chronic diseases.
- Evaluate updated scientific data on the link between diet and inflammation, epigenetics and the microbiome and how this relates to cancer
- Outline the role of these factors in common cancers eg breast, prostate and bowel which represent the most significant proportion of cancers seen in our community
- Assess the emerging role of diet and the microbiome, how diet responses to chemotherapy and immune based therapies including dietary pitfalls and how changes can be made safely using a supervised and integrative setting.
- Address some of the most commonly asked questions by patients who are been treated for cancer relating to how they can empower themselves to improve their outcomes.
- Presenter(s):Dr Despina Handolias
- Duration:1.14.14 min
- Activity ID:158977
- QI&CPD Points:2