Managing Type 2 Diabetes In 2017
Professor Richard J Maclsaac PhD FRACP (Department of Endocrinology & Diabetes) SVHM & University of Melbourne presentation at St Vincent’s GP Symposium 2017 on “Managing type 2 diabetes in 2017” The ominous octet, older glucose- lowering therapies, medications that target the incertin effect, SGLT-2 inhibitors and current guidelines.
- Describe the pathophysiology of the various body organs and cells that can contribute to hyperglycaemia, referred to as the “Ominous Octet”.
- Describe the classes of older oral medications for type 2 diabetes, and the advantages and disadvantages of each class.
- Describe the mechanism of action, safety and efficacy of new glucose-lowering agents and when to initiate them
- Apply knowledge of the Australian Diabetes Society guidelines in choice of appropriate treatment of patients
- Presenter(s):Professor Richard J Maclsaac
- Host:St Vincent's Hospital (Public)
- Activity ID:90673
- QI&CPD Points:2
- Provider:Lateral Connections