The Chiefest Disease Of The Head: Managing Migraine In General Practice
The Program has been designed to support practitioners with the challenges associated with diagnosing, managing and treating patients with migraine. It has been designed as a case-based learning activity with interactive components to test your learning throughout.
The Program is also available on praxhub as a 2 x CPD point activity, which includes the required reinforcing component. Search for “Migraine” in the search bar at the top of any page.
- Formulate a more accurate diagnosis of both vestibular migraine and new migraine symptoms through:
- an improved understanding of the neurological causes
- identification of the typical and non-typical symptoms; and
- distinguishing migraine from its differential diagnoses.
- Refine a framework for identifying medication overuse headache as a separate entity to migraine.
- Explain the investigative options available to support a diagnosis of migraine.
- Increase understanding of the management and treatments available, including prophylactic and abortive treatments and non-pharmacological options.
- Identify when to refer; and recognise the referral pathways that are available in caring for patients suffering from migraine.
PEER-REVIEWED & ENDORSED ACTIVITY:
This educational activity has been endorsed under the auspices of the Australian and New Zealand Headache Society.
- Presenter(s):Lauren Sanders
- Activity ID:156456
- QI&CPD Points:40
- Provider:Lateral Connections