Understanding Biosimilar Medicines
- Explain how biosimilar medicines contribute to the sustainability of the Australian healthcare system
- Outline the clinical development and regulatory processes required prior to approval of biosimilar medicines
- Explain to patients what a biosimilar medicine is, why it is different to a generic medicine, and their therapeutic equivalence to the reference biological product
- Define the criteria that must be met in order to substitute a PBS- subsidised reference biological for a biosimilar medicine
Doctors – search for “GBMA” when logged in to praxhub.
- Presenter(s):Prof Brendan Murphy
Prof Paul Bird
A/Prof Andrew Östör
INTERESTED IN THIS EDUCATION BUT NOT A DOCTOR?
This education has also been made available for pharmacists, here:Launch
Societal Impact From Reactive Prescribing Affecting Holistic, Patient-Centred Approach To Chronic Pain Management