Cardiology Education for GPs.
CPD-accredited videos from Melbourne Private Hospital.
GPs – provide your information below to receive your login details
About The Education
Developed specifically for General Practitioners in Australia, these free, accredited online videos are exclusively available on praxhub.
- Valvular Heart Disease (3 x Category 2 points)
- Approach to Chest Pain (3 x Category 2 points)
- Heart Failure Part A: The Dyspnoea Patient (3 x Category 2 points)
- Atrial Fibrillation (2 x Category 2 points)
Once you have received your login details, earning CPD-points is as simple as watching the video, and completing & submitting the online evaluation form. This can be completed via the praxhub website or mobile app.
Proudly supported by
Dr Matthew Brooks MBBS FRACP
Dr Brooks completed his medical training at The University of Melbourne followed by specialist cardiology and interventional training at The Royal Melbourne Hospital. He undertook two further fellowships at The Edinburgh Heart Centre and Copenhagen University Hospital with a focus on complex percutaneous coronary intervention and structural heart disease intervention. His expertise is in complex percutaneous coronary artery intervention (including chronic total occlusions, left main PCI and rotational atherectomy) and structural heart disease intervention (including transcatheter aortic valve replacement and mitral valve repair/replacement, percutaneous left atrial appendage closure, device closure of interatrial defects, and paravalvular leak closure).
Dr William Wilson MBBS FRACP
Dr Wilson is a cardiologist specialising in interventional cardiology (coronary and structural) and adult congenital heart disease. He graduated from the University of Melbourne in 1999 and completed advanced training in cardiology at the Royal Melbourne Hospital. Dr Wilson is actively involved in teaching of medical students, junior doctors and physician trainees and co-ordinates the cardiology teaching program for the FRACP lecture series. Dr Wilson currently holds a public appointment as a consultant cardiologist at the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
- Radial access PCI
- Factional flow reserve and intracoronary imaging
- Complex PCI, including left main PCI and rotablation
- PCI for chronic total occlusions (CTO) using the ‘hybrid’ approach (including antegrade dissection re-entry and retrograde approaches).
- Structural interventions (device closure of interatrial defects, ventricular septal defects and patient ductus arteriosus, coarctation stenting, left atrial appendage closure etc.)
- Diagnostic catheterization and interventions in complex congenital heart disease patients
- Transcatheter valve interventions (including transcatheter aortic and pulmonary valve replacement, balloon mitral valvuloplasty and paravalvular leak closure).